Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Hair color advice please!?

okay, so here's my story:





I grew up with bleach blonde hair. As I got older, it started to darker so I started getting highlights. By time time I got to high school, my hair was super blonde, but it wasn't so natural anymore. My roots were pretty dark in comparison and I got sick of it. So I dyed my hair brown. Then I started dying it on my own. I kept going a little bit dark every time so now it's a dark, chocolate brown. So naturally, in comparison, my roots are really light, which looks terrible. I thought my hair would darker because thats what happened to my mom. But it hasn't and I'm thinking I want to dye my hair blonde again. Not as super blonde as I was, but more of my natural, dark blonde.





I read in a magazine about ';brunde'; which is a light shade of brown with blonde highlights. This would be closer to my natural color.





Does anyone have some advice on what I should do?


I definitely plan on going to a salon for this, not doing it myself. Then I would just maintain it myself.





But how much damage would it do to my hair to strip it of it's color? Has anyone ever done anything like this?





I use heat everyday on top of coloring it but it's relatively healthy since I take all the precautions.





Anything would help! Thanks!





(ps. I've been blonde before so I'm not worried about how I'll look with it or anything. My main thing is I want to minimize or even stop coloring my hair.)Hair color advice please!?
I have the same exact natural color! :D i dyed my hair myself. I frosted it which is like super light blonde almost white. I only dyed it in little tiny strands, but I made a lot of strands dyed. After i washed it a few times, the white washed off a little and settled into a BEAUTIFUL blonde! :D i love my hair now!! The dye just looks so natural! so natural, in fact I only need to dye my hair rarely. last time I dyed it was last May :)





I really hope this helps!!! :)Hair color advice please!?
I'm going to be completely honest with you stripping and bleaching is the worst you can ever do to your hair! I recommend that you start to apply a lighter shade of brown to your roots so you can gradually lighten, it is a pain. But i lost over six inches from trying to strip my hair, and it hasn't grown right ever since.
im not sure if im helping tho my mom did kinda the same thing she went from a dark brown to black and it wuz too much to color all the time so she bleached it to get back to the dark brown. it didnt really damage her hair and she dies it a lot less so i think ull b safe bleaching ur hair back. good luck!!
I think you should do the brunde and then grow it out. That way you wont have to worry so much about using so many chemicals especially with the heat. Ask your colorist what will have the least maintenance.
You're going through the same thing I am! I've colored myself so much that I just wanted to get back to my natural color so I could stop coloring it!


What I did was washed my hair as much as I could to try and fade the dark brown out of my hair. Then I went to my hair stylist and had her gradually add lighter brown highlights and caramels to achieve a light color. Now after about the second time of going to the salon my hair is much lighter and much closer to my natural color. So now I barely have to visit the salon to cover up my roots. Hope this helps. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment