Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Hair coloring advice please... :)?

How do I color my hair into medium blonde without ending with brassy reddish tones?


I have med brown natural hair and it was highlighted and the highlights are now growing out. I've heard of this product at Sally's beauty supply that says ';take the red out'; or something like that. You're supposed to put 5 drops of it into your hair dye.....has anyone ever heard of this? Would this work if I add that to a blonde shade or should I just strip the color and dye it? I've heard if you are going to a lighter color like from brown to blonde then you need to strip the color out first then dye it. If I strip the color what product do I need to use? Can u recommend any or give me any tips?


I had thought maybe using the new feria hi- lift browns from loreal but I would really rather go to about a medium blondeHair coloring advice please... :)?
http://www.haircolor-tips.com/Hair coloring advice please... :)?
Honestly, it's very hard to get rid of the brassy tones if you're using a store bought dye.





I'd suggest getting it coloured professionaly. It take longer to fade, and you wont have any brassy tones left. If it's out of your budget ask for it as a present for a birthday or something... or just save your money like crazy.
See a professional!!! Really think about why those little boxes come with those little conditioning treatments??? They destroy your hair! Think about the last time you got your hair or someone you knew had their hair done at a salon, did they have to do a deep conditioning treatment after??? Besides that, box color is VERY unpredictable. Consider yourself lucky that you haven'thad any problems but when will your luck run out. I fix these things all the time in my salon.
If there's a beauty school in your city, go there. You'll get good service at a great discount.
i agree!!! definitely see a professional you could really end up with a mess!!!!! take to mind the staff at sally's aren't hair stylist!
The product is probably just a toner that adds ';cool'; tones, and won't completely get rid of the red. (Any color that is called ';warm'; has red in it.) Yes, you must strip your hair of color in order to go lighter without having red in it. However, you do not have to bleach it separately and then dye it-- the right dye will already contain a bleaching agent and will bleach/color you in one step. If you are going blonde it is worth it to have it done professionally!! Cuz you will end up spending a lot more money to have it fixed after you mess it up at home! Trust me on this one, nothing is worse than a badly dyed blonde.

No comments:

Post a Comment