Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Hair color advice please?

FULL STORY:


I had my hair professionally dyed reddish brown in August. The color washed out a bit, I did it myself using a golden brown. Which again faded %26amp; in November, I believe I dyed it an ash brown. This was the last time I dyed it.


The color has faded considerably into a reddish light brown which is not flattering on me. I hate the color but abstained from using dye to reducing damage since I've dyed my hair so much. It also has a green tint which can be seen in bright light, I assume because hair is porous due to dye.





SHORT STORY: My hair is now a reddish light brown that I hate. It has an odd green tint to it due to the fact that my hair is porous (b/c of damage). The last time I dyed it was around Nov.





THE PROBLEM:


Should I go to the salon and get highlights and/or lowlights?


OR should I do it myself. If so, I was planning on using Clairol's new Perfect 10 hair color that claims to reduce damage.


I want to go lighter to blonde.





Ask questions, I'll answer right away. :]Hair color advice please?
i think go to the salon and get the hair color you wantHair color advice please?
i just got my hair cut and the hairdresser cut it way too short so i kinda feel your pain LOL...... but i think that you should get golden yellow highlights in the salon....b/c my cousin did her highlights at home and got her mom to help but it didn't turn out so good and her hair got even dryer and it quickly damaged her hair even more.....i think golden yellow (NOT A BRIGHT SHADE OF YELLOW) would look awsome on you because reddish brown hair is sort of light because of the red and sort of dark because of the brown and golden yellow is right in between (not too dark or too light) like your hair.....








P.S. remember if you do take my advice DO NOT HIGHLIGHT YOUR HAIR A BRIGHT YELLOW!.....and good luck! hope i turned your problem into a solution!! :P
You should really get to a good salon since you have damage. With a green tint, it's not likely that over the counter products will work. Could turn into a disaster. A professional will be able to fix this for you. But you're still going to have to maintain your color a lot for a while since it is damaged. Treat yourself to salon visits regularly for a good 4-6 months! Much Luck
Well, I mean, the salons are there to do it for you, and chances are that they will do it well... If you want to go lighter blond, you should stick with the highlights I guess, and do you use the special shampoo for dyed hair? becuase it's supposed to reduce fading, and it does.
don't color it. your best bet is to put a rinse in it. because if you already have chemicals such a perm in your hair your hair will break off!! and if you dont have chemicals just make sure your stylist has been coloring hair for a long time because if they leave u under the dryer for a long time...your hair could be damaged forever

No comments:

Post a Comment