Saturday, February 4, 2012

Hair Coloring Advice..HELP!?

Ok, I have naturally golden to strawberryish blonde hair that is very thick and wavy/curly. I went to get it lowlighted a few weeks ago to break up the blandness and 'goldfish' effect i was experiencing. I wanted my hairdresser to do a golden to dark brownish lowlight (full head), which I believed would go well with my current coloring. She decided to make my lowlights red (not what i asked for). The underpart came out with dark red streaks, and the top half came out with a very light, basically indistinguishable reddish-orange. Naturally I was very upset, so she is redoing it tomorrow. What should I get?Hair Coloring Advice..HELP!?
First, your color choices would of looked beautiful with your coloring, I think you were right on target. Sorry someone in my profession didn't listen to you...



To answer your questions, hmmmm, I am gonna try



1. The lowlights were they chunkie, weaved, or sliced, this is important.

if chunkie she could go back in and take each one and neutralize the red with a blue/green base brown like you wanted in the first place, and as far as the time, it would take some, but I would make her, since she cause the problem in the first place.

2. if they are sliced it could be done as above but with a little more difficultly,

3. if she weaved them, well to correct the red would be next to impossible. she can only go in and weave not only the brown you wanted in the first place, but she would have to also do highlights so she didn't make you too dark.



As for what should you get, Maybe a refund of your money...LOL...



Naw, they probably don't do refunds, however, I would ask for the owner to consult with you as to what is going to happen with your hair and how is it going to be corrected. You should also get a reassurance that your hair isn't going to substain any further chemical damage..and if it does would they continue to re condition your hair unitl it has reach the health state it was when you first arrived at their salon...



Here is the bad thing about chemical services, If a stylist damages the hair it is damage and there is no return. In each state their is an insurance that each salon or stylist must carry to cover damages they cause to a clients hair, it is call professional insurance, and you certainly can make a claim against their insurance if they refuse to care for your hair or give you a refund...With this knowledge in mind, now don't go scaring them to death....LOL...



Good Luck

Feel Free to email me at JenesisHairSalon@aol.com I will be curious as to the outcome of your dilemma...Also I am coming to Philly this month 18-21stHair Coloring Advice..HELP!?
I have the same exact color as u and it also wavy and curly

But I would have never gotten it low lighted because my bff mom is a styalist and she said it ruins the hair color
You should ask for ';dark ash blonde'; low-lights with a lot of toner; if you don't include the toner in your request, the hairdresser will create a very warm, reddish color that you won't like. Toner in salons helps even out the red in brown or blonde hair so you can get an ashy, sandy color instead.
check the links below for * Hair coloring tips

http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-42eT_e8_b/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment