Saturday, February 4, 2012

Hair coloring advice?

How do I color my hair into medium blonde without ending up with brassy reddish tones?

I have med brown natural hair and it was highlighted and the highlights are now growing out. I've heard of this product at Sally's beauty supply that says ';take the red out'; or something like that. You're supposed to put 5 drops of it into your hair dye.....has anyone ever heard of this? Would this work if I add that to a blonde shade or should I just strip the color and dye it? I've heard if you are going to a lighter color like from brown to blonde then you need to strip the color out first then dye it. If I strip the color what product do I need to use? Can u recommend any or give me any tips?

I had thought maybe using the new feria hi- lift browns from loreal but I would really rather go to about a medium blondeHair coloring advice?
I think you need some kind of toner, when you die your hair,,myself have dark brown hair and often go to blonde highlights from a professional and I know she has to put some kind of toner of it after the rince, to stop the orange effect,,so there must be sime kind of product that is in the market place for you to buy, and do at home,without spending the pro. prices..Ask your pro. or find a professional hair dresser to, ask this question to. maybe they will tell you what to buy at the drug store without spending a fortune...P%26gt;S%26gt; would appreciate to know which product you bought,and how your hair turned out???Might do this myself this summer...Good Luck...I will do the same...Hair coloring advice?
if you dye your hair on your own, it helps if you see the work ';ash'; on the box. this will indicate that there are no red undertones in the color.
you can color by using a 30vol developer it will lighten your hair. yes the is a product that will take the brassy red tones out and you can get it at Sally's. make sure that the hair color does not have ash in it because it will give it an green cast
I normally just highlight until I get the color I want....

Its easier to go from light to dark. So if you highlight it too much you can put a little brown in it.

Oh yea and I use garnier nutrise or however you spell that it works awesome!
the stripping you are talking about is usually called ';bleaching'; you do this if you have darker brown hair and want to go to a very light blonde,,,,, otherwise, you can select a blonde shade in the ash tones,,,,, it will say ash in the name,,,,,,, also,, putting in the drops will work,,,,,, but if you select a medium ash blonde, it should work fine on your medium brown hair,,,,,,, if in doubt, ask the workers at Sallys, they most all are cosmotoligist
NO NO NO!!! do not use any hair stripping products. i have the same natural hair color and dye mine to a blonde, and i tried stripping it before dyiing it, and not only did it not work but it dried the hell out of my hair!!! if your hair pulls red tones there really isn't much you can do. you can dye it blonde and with in weeks it will be brassy. just stick to a darker shade of bonde and you should be fine.
If you have medium brown hair, then picking a hair color to a meduim blonde should not be a problem. I use Feria and it works just fine because it works with your hair color.

My only advice is if you do not like the color or if it is not light enough, wait about a week before you try to recolor it again. If you go too soon, then you might end up with a color you don't like and your hair will be very damaged.

Bleaching is hard. If you really want to stip the color of your hair, then have a friend that has done it before. If you put it too close to the scalp, you will have very, very light hair.
check the links below for * Hair coloring tips

http://homebeautytips.blogspot.com/2006//a>
Some red tones add dimension to your hair.

Try dying it a few times to get what you really want.
DO NOT GO WITH ASH........your hair will have a green tint! Go to Sallys and get a neutral tone hair dye.

No comments:

Post a Comment