Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I need hair coloring advice. I dyed it on my own and it turned orange, now I need to know how to fix it?

I can't really afford to go to a salon, I wish I could! So, here's what happened...I have an indescribable natural hair color, not blonde, brown or red, and all of them at the same time. I bought a dark golden blonde hair dye because it said it would bring out the reddish undertones, I wanted to lighten it (so as not to wash out my face) and thought a strawberry blonde might be nice, but after seeing the result I am very unhappy with it. For many reasons I won't bore you with I think I should dye it light ashy brown, but have heard that you can't dye ontop of dye and need to strip it first. How should I go about guessing which color will turn out the way I want it to look? any advice on what specific color to use would be appreciated, as well.I need hair coloring advice. I dyed it on my own and it turned orange, now I need to know how to fix it?
You can dye over a colour without stripping it so long as you are going darker, maybe look at medium ash brown. The red undertones may not be cancelled out, a light chestnut brown or light golden brown might be a safer bet as there will be red tones in it.



Here is a revlon colour chart as a guide

http://www.wiggoddess.com/exclusivelyyou/a>



You have already damaged your hair by lightening it, so make sure you condition it well.



EDIT- hairbend - about the difference between dying and lightening, ' hair dying ' is just a term that a lot of people who are not professionals use to describe doing their colour at home. I dunno why people get such a bee in their bonnet about it. This girl intended to go lighter, but changed her mind about strawberry blonde. Why have a go at her?



I have been doing my own hair at home with store bought kits since I have been 13, if I don't like a shade I change it. More people do their hair at home than go to salons.The only real damage that a person can do at home is frazzling their hair by lightening too much or leaving it for too long.I need hair coloring advice. I dyed it on my own and it turned orange, now I need to know how to fix it?
best way to fix your hair is to go to the hair salon... but if you have to fix it yourself then you need to neutralize the orange with a color that has a blue base to it. but i do think you should go to a salon color is to complicated to do on your own you could really damage you hair!
I'm soory to hear you can't afford to go to the hair salon.

But, this is a one time thing, at a salon there are model of pictures you can find a look-a-like. And see if her hair looks nice in differnt color posted.



Here check out this site, it shows what hair style and color it would look nice with your hair: http://www.hairstyle.com/hair-articles/w/a>



Good Luck
Bleach it and start over.
Boy, have you got this all mixed up!! You really should never have used anything in the first place -- you don't know the first thing about colouring hair, and you are making a big mess. Sorry to be so blunt, but you know this is right.



You cannot ';dye'; hair blonde!! It's a bleach you used... what were you thinking, if at all??? And yes, ';golden'; means it's going to be orange. I just don't understand you at all. You say you thought, but I don't really see much signs that you did.



The first thing you should have done -- what all people do -- is have a consultation with a qualified professional hair colourist. This doesn't cost you anything, at most salons, and would have saved you so much money! Then you would have known what to do, and how.



You can't ';strip'; out the bleach! It's already been done, and that's that. It's a permanent change, and you can only cut that hair off to get rid of it. It's not paint that you can remove! Again, not thinking!!



Go see a professional right now, before you make a further mess. If you can't afford it, you should never play around with hair colour!

No comments:

Post a Comment